Friday, September 25, 2009

Halloween!

The only two things that I really love about halloween are being able to get dressed up (or getting my son dressed up nowdays) and decorating! I found the link to this project from Kimba’s blog A Soft Place To Land and really wanted to make something like it.

I already had halloween scrapbook paper that I bought at Target for $1.00 for 8 sheets. Soooo cute…

100_3787I also have a TON of stray piano sheet music that I saved for whatever project comes to mind. So I just took a couple and popped them into my printer and printed each of the BOO letters on a separate piece. I used the paint.net application that I downloaded for free and found a font that I liked and downloaded for free from dafont.com

100_3796

I cut them out using my son’s Happy Birthday banner as a template and glued them onto the scrapbook paper. Then just used random scraps of ribbon, glitter, puff paint, and fabric to make this…

100_3793 Not at all as elaborate as hers, but I still love it.

100_3791

100_3792100_3790

And my little ghostie…

100_3795



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! So vintage chic :). I bet we're going to be seeing a lot of Target paper this week in blogland. Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! if you dont mind my asking, what font did you use from dafont.com?? I am looking for it to make my own banner....really cool loking! thanks
    Jenn Post
    noblekatt(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers