Monday, September 28, 2009

SPOOKY

I’m so into halloween decorating right now. Since Ella will be here in 11 days, I’m doing it all early. My son had a fever Saturday night and I was up at 4 o’clock in the morning giving him medicine and couldn’t sleep afterwards. So, I laid in bed and thought up this idea.

100_3854I had leftover Target scrapbook paper from my BOO banner and bottle caps galore. So I painted them black and cut circles of paper to fit inside the bottle caps. 100_3827

I used puff paint and wrote out SPOOKY on the circles.

100_3828

I just used white glue and glued letter into the bottle caps.

100_3851 But, because of the little ridge on the caps it didn’t glue as well as I had wanted it to. So, I did a coat of Mod Podge on each one to seal it. (Sorry for the bad pictures. We really need a new camera.)

100_3852

I found this piece of wood in the backyard. So I hot glued each letter to it and used a piece of scrap ribbon to hang it with. I really had to work with the ribbon to bake it hang right.

100_3853

I ended up adding a strip of magnet behind the word SPOOKY and at the top where the bow is. So I could hang it where ever I want.

100_3856

The pictures are horrible, but the sign is cute.

And one more halloween decoration I made today. I’m really loving it… Sifted through my piles of sheet music to find something fitting.

100_3867

I’m going to be linking up to Kimba's blog party for DIY Tuesday!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

siggy

6 comments:

  1. great projects! thanks for sharing and telling how you did it!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are adorable!
    LOVING the sheet music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why it's so funny that you used Strangers In the Night - love the bird on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sign, but I really love that sheet music transformation. It looks like something I'm going to have to copy. Thanks for sharing. I'm having a giveaway today. Stop by and enter if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Kimba's page...you have some cute ideas that I must try...I love the Booboes skulls....too cute and the sheet music...how simple! Off to search around your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers