Monday, October 5, 2009

My First Ragamuffin Garland

I’ve seen those ragamuffin garlands everywhere, then saw Nester's tutorial and being just days away from having Ella, I had to try it. When first doing her room, I had wanted to get those wooded letters to spell out her name. It was too much on a nothing budget, so instead I printed out her name in a font that I found on dafont.com. I cut them out and hung them from some ribbon and lace I had lying around. Free. Then my husband took way too long to hang it up and I’m so glad because it goes soooo much better with her room now. It looked like paper hanging from a ribbon before and now…….

IMG_1912

IMG_1913

Ohhh I love it so much! I also won this adorable tutu at a luncheon that I went to Saturday.

 

I’m going to use it for her halloween costume, along with this tiara headband I made.

IMG_1908

IMG_1909

I’m linking up to Kimba's blog party for DIY Tuesday!

Make sure to go check out all the other projects!



DIY Day @ ASPTL

8 comments:

  1. How precious did this turn out?!? I've seen Nester's tutorial on the garland as well but have yet to give it a whirl. That last photo makes me feel like I'm being watched VERY closely. LOL!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute garland and the tiara is adorable!
    pk @ room remix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!!


    I have a linky party going you may want to link up: http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-great-pumpkin.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Congrats on the little one! :)

    I love that you just printed the letters out. Would have never thought of that!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I featured this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my 'featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute projects! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! I may have to try this for my little boys room now. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers