Tuesday, January 12, 2010

“Mells Good!!”

I handmade all the Christmas gifts for the family this year. My dad LOVES anything pumpkin. So when I found this recipe for Pumpkin Playdoh at Preschool Education I though it was so neat. Since a grown man doesn’t have much of a need for “Playdoh” I renamed it.

Here’s the label I put on the jar.

pumpkin I think it is too cute. Since the recipe made so much I split it in half and kept half for Christopher.

IMG_3350

IMG_3354  IMG_3351    IMG_3352  IMG_3353

He said it “Mells good!”

 

Pumpkin Pie Playdoh

5 1/2 cups flour

2 cups salt

8 teaspoons cream of tartar

3/4 cup oil

1 container (1 1/12 ounces) pumpkin pie spice

orange food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)

4 cups water

Mix all of the ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps appear. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.

 

I halved the recipe and and since I didn’t have pumpkin pie spice and just did a mixture of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg until it smelled right. It’s smooth and not gritty or sticky. LOVE it.

siggy

1 comment:

  1. I really like your site. I am going to have to use that recipe. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers